Food is the essence of the land. The food reflects everything about its culture, tradition, and the variance. Wherever you are heading, don’t forget to try the places to dine there. The ambiance, the style, and the variety of cuisines will complete your trip. Eating out in Leh will give you a chance to taste the delicious Tibetan cuisines most commonly momos with meat or vegetable stuffing, thukpa, made from fresh pasta strips and shredded meat and vegetables, besides others. There are also several cake and pastry shops selling fresh breads. While going around the narrow strips of Leh, you will find many restaurants not that big but yes small and absolutely amazing place where you could dine and relax.
Here are some the restaurants where you can enjoy superb and delicious cuisines.
- The Tibetan Kitchen: You can enjoy eating here anytime during the day and it serves the best Tibetan dishes
- Himalaya Café: Dishes served here are Tibetan and Chinese
- Cafe Amdo: A soup noodle mixed with veggies, succulent meat, and a round of hot, delicious sauces can be tried here
- Dreamland: Another popular all-day restaurant with a varied menu, including Kashmiri dishes
- Jeevan Restaurant: The canopied open-air place upstairs serves from Italian and Israeli to Indian and Chinese cuisines