Jodhpuris are also popular for their food-loving habit like other Rajasthanis!! What to eat and where to eat in Jodhpur is not at all a big problem!! There are myriad of restaurants available in Jodhpur to nosh your stomach. The main famous dishes of Jodhpur are gatte ki sabji, dal-bati churma, ker-sangri and badi ki saag. For sweet lovers, the famous sweet of Jodhpur are ‘Mawa Ki Kachori’, 'Besan ki Chaaki' and 'Maakhan Vade' These cuisines are available very easily at any restaurant in Jodhpur but if you want to go for varieties of cuisine then you can choose any of the following popular restaurants:
- On the Rocks: This restaurant is one of the most popular restaurants of Jodhpur and is famous for its greenery. This restaurant is best for both vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian food. Here, one can enjoy their food with live performance of folk dance and music.
- Umaid Bhawan Palace: This restaurant offers top-level food.
- Uttam Restaurant: This restaurant is famous for its delicious food with excellent service and it is situated at High court road. This restaurant offers thali system.
- Jodhpur Coffee House: This restaurant is famous for its South Indian food at a very reasonable rate.
If you are fond of Jodhpuri Sweets, then you should go to Agra Sweet Home, Jodhpur Sweet Home, Mishrilal, Janta Sweet Home, Pokhar Sweets and many other sweet shops. Other good places to hang out are:
- Shandar Sweet Home, Jalori Gate Bari
- Gypsy, Sardarpura
- Cafe Mehran, Meherangarh Fort
- Omelette Shop just outside the gates to the main square
- Shahi Samosas, Nai Sarak (left side just before main gate to Sardar Market)
- Mehran Terrace, Meherangarh Fort
- Bal Samand, Balasamand Lake Palace
- Chilly and Garlic, Residency Rd
- Pukhraj Ji Ki Dhani, Salawas village, (20 km from Jodhpur)
- Pillars Umaid Bhawan Palace
- New Saheen Hotel
- On the Rocks, Ajit Bhawan
- Geoffrey's, Park Plaza